Thanks for visiting by site to learn more about my credentials in being the best DCSD School Board candidate in District B (for Barbra ).
On the following tabs you will see I’ve been endorsed by:
1) The Douglas County Educators
2) The Douglas County Parents
3) Many ex-BoE Directors for DCSD
4) Steve Boand former Republican Douglas County Commissioner
I have been an active volunteer within Douglas County Schools since 2005 helping raise $500,000+ for our schools to help protect us from budget cuts.
Unlike my opponent who has his kids in private schools, I’ve chosen to put my 2 daughters in DCSD since kindergarten and they are now in 7th & 9th grade.
I support pay-for-performance but will work to ensure a system that works is implemented in our district. I also believe every employee should be on a pay-for-performance system, including top district administrators.
I do not support the voucher program as I think it is wrong to use public dollars towards private schools that can and do discriminate against students.
I have not accepted any funds from the Union, nor will I as I will not be beholden to any organization in making the right decisions for our kids and staff.
I cannot stop people or organizations supporting my campaign due to Freedom of Speech.
For those that got a letter from Mark Baisley, former GOP leader of Douglas County and one of the people responsible for the Slate (including John Carson) winning in 2009, here is my response:
The whole truth:
• Fagen did not mention that Littleton Public Schools to the north and Lewis Palmer to the south both maintained their Accredited with Distinction rating.
• DCSD’s performance relative to the state has declined over the past 4 years (check CO open records)
• Only 4% of the money raised by your opponents is from Douglas County citizens!!! This speaks volumes as people know what the truth is when it comes to giving up their hard earned money.
• Trust parents, not politicians when it comes to knowing what is truly happening in the schools!
Our kids education will NOT be up for sale to the highest bidder!
According to the campaign finance reports released October 15th, 2013 by the office of the Colorado Secretary of State, the direction of the Douglas County School Board races continues to reflect the recent trend – outside funders are supporting the current Board efforts to maintain control.
In fact, two individuals who live outside of Douglas County have contributed 89% of all funds raised by the incumbent slate.
In direct contrast, the independent slate (Chase, Hodges, Keim, Scholting) backed by Douglas County Parents has received the vast majority of their contributions from local, Douglas County residents.
Douglas County Parents endorsed Chase, Keim, Hodges, and Scholting as these candidates have committed to acknowledging, valuing, and collaborating with the entire community — the local community.